Data on Violence Against API Females
- 21 – 55% of Asian ladies in the U.S. report experiencing intimate real and/or sexual violence in their life time, considering a compilation of disagregated examples of Asian ethnicities in neighborhood communities. Information & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander ladies reported experiencing rape, assault, and/or stalking by an intimate partner inside their life time in a nationwide study, in comparison with 48% of American Indians or Alaska Native women, 45% of Ebony females, 34% of Hispanic females, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence research on partner punishment in six Asian United states ethnic teams in the united states. Overseas Personal Work. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a six-year duration, 160 instances in Asian families led to 226 fatalities, of which 72% were adult homicide victims, 10% had been child homicide victims, and 18% had been committing committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been intimate lovers (current, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 had been females and 14 were males.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators had been males, 14% had been females, 3% unknown.
- Young ones had been the 2nd biggest team of victims, as well as the moms and dads of wives and girlfriends had been the next biggest group. Shattered Life (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital violence: a study of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Sexual Physical Violence
- Of API females, 23% experienced some form of contact sexual violence, 10% skilled finished or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact undesirable intimate experiences throughout their life time. CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 56% of Filipinas and 64% of Indian and Pakistani ladies had skilled intimate physical violence by a romantic in research of 143 domestic physical physical violence survivors. Intimate Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
- 8% of API ladies experienced find dutch wife at mail-order-bride.net stalking in their life time CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 68% of Filipinas and 50% of Indian and Pakistani abused ladies reported being stalked by an Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
Children’s Experience Of Family Violence
- 70% of Cambodians, 61% of Chinese, 80% of Koreans, 79% of Southern Asians, and 72% of Vietnamese people reported being hit frequently as kiddies. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- 28% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 30% of Koreans, 8% of Southern Asians, and 27% of Vietnamese witnessed their dads frequently hit their moms. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- In overview of 160 Asian homicide instances, 22 young ones had been killed. Regarding the 63 non-fatal kid victims for who information ended up being available, 60 had been either on location if the homicides took place, survived an attempted homicide, had been attention or ear witnesses to a maternal homicide, or discovered the systems. Shattered Life (2010)
- Associated with 3,116 trafficking survivors with specified ethnicities whom reached away to Polaris operated hotlines in 2016, 23% (715) were Asian. Polaris Venture: 2016 Statistics
Attitudes towards Violence
- Of 607 Asian respondents, the most effective explanations for why household physical violence occurs had been that the spouse wishes energy, domination, and control (72 reacted in this way) and that he’s anger that is frustrated/has67 responded in this manner). Overall, family members physical physical violence is overwhelmingly sensed due to the fact problem that is personal of spouse.
- 22% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 29% of Korean, 5% of South Asian, and 9% of Vietnamese women and men stated that a girl who’s being abused must maybe not inform anyone about the punishment. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical violence: a study of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Resources on Violence against API Females
Domestic and violence that is sexual Filipino Communities, 2018
A compilation of data on domestic physical physical violence, sexual physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Filipino communities.
Data on Gender-Based Violence in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, 2017
This factsheet compiles data on domestic physical physical violence, intimate physical physical physical violence, domestic physical violence associated homicide, stalking, children’s contact with household physical physical violence, and human being trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Ethnic-Specific Factsheets on Domestic Violence
Ethnic-specific compilations of data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Asian communities in the U.S.